Thursday, October 9, 2008

Signs you would love to see while running your race.

This theme is from the runners lounge.

Signs I have seen or would like to see on a race. As when I run I am not a aware of people signs since I don’t have many friends (they prefer to party or won’t wake up early ) or family members that are interested or at least interested to go and watch me compete in my triathlons or marathons runs I am usually unaware of signs. How ever on 2000 when I ran my first NYC Marathon I was really impress with the community support overall during the race, specially the Puertorican or boricua and Mexican community. As I ran I was really impress and was big motivating factor for me to continue especially since I am Puertoricans. Since I am running this year the NYC Marathon I am looking forward for this support. Also my girl friend in the last year I have been there for me in all the races I have done. She is always is a big supporter and every time I see her I get really pump up. This year 1 of my brothers is hopefully will be there supporting me with my girl friend. I am looking forward to see this on race so at mile 16 or 17 at NYC marathon they will be there and then at mile 25 again so they can get me going. Others experience I have had is when you race with a bunch wasted people having a party while you race. This makes your race experience more funny and enjoyable. If you like this race leave me a comment and I let you know where it is. Is always fun to watch some one with the jersey of your favorite sports team or from where you are. you feel identified and the same time supported.

Happy training.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Here is my sign to you...


YOU ROCK ERIC!
BURN IT UP........

Allison Dyck said...

Ahh
I know you will do an awesome job in NYC and I will always be there supporting you. I cant wait to go too, its going to be an exciting time and then after the race we can party but for now your totally focused, Te quiero !