Sunday, September 21, 2008

25 Deegres what a Difference

Yesterday I went for another 20 mile run in preparation for the NYC Marathon. It was so cool to go out with in the 60's. The run went great the weather was great and and my pace was even better. My girlfriend run half of the run with me. I ran the other half by my self. I was feeling so good that I decided to add 1 more mile. As always I like to finish strong my long runs. I finish them at the track doing the last 2 miles a little bit more fast than the rest of the run. My last 2 miles were just under 8 minute mile pace. My total time 2:59:44 was for 21 miles. An average of 8:35 per mile and an average HR 160. So compare to last weekend run I in the same period of time I average 1 more minute per mile and 165 HR so the 25 degrees does make a difference. Now to bike ride for a while.

2 comments:

N.D. said...

That's sweet you are running NYC! I ran it in 2006 -great marathon! Your pace is great and you are going to have a great marathon! Thanks for commenting on my husband's sports blog!

Shannon said...

Awesome pace!

I feel the same way you do about the temp. I had a great training run last week, partly because of the weather.

Have a great week.