Monday, October 27, 2008

Taper week

This weekend I rested a lot. On Friday I stay at home watching movies. On Saturday I went to the marine corps marathon expo. I got 2 pairs of socks and a race ready pants for the NYC marathon. Basically I spend 3 hours over there while my girlfriend look around for deals and free stuff. She got a lot of free stuff. I rested for the rest of the day. On Sunday I went for my last 10 miles before the marathon. I did them in an easy pace and did the last 2 at tempo pace. my 10 miles were in 1:22:25. I felt great. About the hip IT injury yesterday I ran and it didn't badder at all until the last 2 miles that I stated running hard. So I will continue to rest stretch, Ice it and massage it for this weekend and hope it resist the marathon. I am really positive that I am going to have a good race and the temperature should be great let see how its goes.
Hope everybody have a great week

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Can't wait to hear how awesome you do this weekend. I hope the IT situation doesn't plague you my friend. Thanks again for my well wishes. :)