Friday, July 11, 2008

Back on track

It has been a while since I write anything. After completing my face ½ iron distance event in a time of 6:11:11 at the spirit of Morgantown in West VA. The race was great I recommend to everyone. It is hard because of the hills in the bike and the run. I have to admit the bike course was harder than I expected and I wasn’t ready for it, specially the second loop, next time more hill training. The run was 2 loops of 6.5 mile. The first 5 miles were flat then the last mile and a ½ was really hilly. Overall I am happy with my performance because it was my first 1/2. On September 6th the second one will come and Ill be ready.

The next week I took 4 days off. I went back to the pool Friday and Saturday for 2000 meters and 2500 meter in each day. I bike 25 miles son Saturday too. Sunday I took off too because of stomach problems. On Monday I was training full force. On Wednesday I decide to register for the Montclair triathlon that it is a little more than a sprint but much less than an Olympic. Let see how its goes. Montclair will be the first triathlon of my girlfriend and we are both really excited.

After this Montclair I have on agenda NJ triathlon, Luray triathlon weekend Olympic and sprint Annapolis 10 miler, Patriots ½ ironman at Williamsburg VA, Baltimore ½ marathon and the closing the year and season New York City marathon that by the way training begins next week.

I might be getting the new I phone this weekend let see if I finally decide.

My best friend is in town for the weekend so I ll be having fun with him plus going to the dc United vs. Chivas from Mexico. So the weekend looks good.

I will keep you posted about how everything goes.

No comments: