Monday, April 7, 2008

Cherry blosom 10 miler 1:23:00

Consider that Saturday I got my first beer at 1pm after picking up the race packet
Consider that at 4:30 I was at RFK Stadium tail gating with the DC United Barra Brava
Consider that after the tail gating I was standing, jumping and dancing the whole game with the barra and yes DCU score 4 times, lot of jumping on the stands
Consider that I went to bed at 11 really tier from the game
Consider that I wake up at 6:15 and took the metro at 7 and at 7:30 I was inside of it (race started at 7:50)
Consider that at 7:43 was cold and instead of heading to the start I was heading to the bathroom and made 12 minute line and then went in and exploded
Consider that I passed the start at 8:00 in front of the slowest wave
Consider that the 5 miles I was zigzagging running in stead of running and after that finally got some kind of rhythm

My time was 1:23:00 which is really good considering all the stuff that I went through (beers and party of Saturday) and not one single speed session
I am satisfied with my time


It was a great and fun weekend Pics later or tomorrow

No comments: